We need a Wordpress Freelance Developer. Are you the one?
Alt Creative is a philanthropic, Austin-based marketing company that focuses on website design and development for SMBs and Non-Profits. We are currently seeking a WordPress Freelance Developer to add to our team. The ideal candidate is a WordPress developer with serious skills. We’re looking for someone who understands how themes and plugins are made and knows the ins-and-outs of the WP Codex as well as HTML/CSS. This ideal candidate would be available 5-10 hours per week during business hours to work on our client projects.
- Creating custom WordPress themes for client projects
- Editing and customizing existing WordPress themes to client specifications
- Setup and utilization of common and advanced WordPress plugins such as ACF, CPTUI, etc.
- Understands best coding practices for HTML/CSS and WordPress
- 3+ years experience working as a web designer and/or developer
- 3+ years experience working with WordPress
- Strong knowledge of PHP, HTML, and CSS.
- Keen understanding of WordPress functions and their uses.
- Knowledge of online collaboration tools such as GSuite, Google Docs, Slack, and Asana.
Bonus if you have…
- Basic graphic design & eye for design
- Strong understanding of on-page search engine optimization best practices
Key Measures of Success
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail
- Ability to turnaround project updates quickly
- Ability to remember client details and project details
- Ability to work independently and find answers without help, but will also know when to ask questions
- Ability to take the lead on tasks when needed
- Measures success by how well the finished product looks/functions – NOT how many things were crossed off a to-do list
This position is a part-time, freelance position. The time commitment is 5-10 hours per week with the potential for more work as we grow. Local candidates only. Compensation will be $35-$45 per hour depending on experience.
NOTE: We are specifically looking for a local freelancer to add to our team, NOT an agency or offshore developer.