Are you a detailed content specialist / copywriter looking for consistent work? Come join our virtual team!
Are you a detailed writer with digital marketing experience looking for consistent work? Come join our virtual team!
Alt Creative is a philanthropic, Austin-based marketing company that focuses on branding and online presence. Our mission is to provide quality design/development services and a long-term relationship through excellent customer service while benefiting our community. We are currently seeking a Blog Content Specialist to add to our team. This is a part-time, virtual/remote, contract position.
The ideal candidate:
- Has at least 2 years of copywriting experience for the web on a variety of topics
- Has a strong sense of how to provide excellent customer service
- Enjoys working with a variety of clients and knows how to make them happy
- Is self-motivated and comfortable working remotely with Slack and Google Apps
- Has the necessary equipment to work from home (space, computer, strong internet connection, etc)
- Can work a few hours per day during the 9-5
- Is located in Texas or at least in the Central time zone (Austin, TX would be ideal)
- Interviewing small business clients to gather and write content for their blog
- Writing and editing blog content into web-friendly copy that is focused on conversions
- Creating keyword-rich content and determining basic search terms for content
- Creating a suggested content strategy and editorial calendar for each client
- Advising clients on best content practices
- Proofreading, editing, and content optimization
- Creating blog posts for Alt Creative and internal websites
- Curation of topical articles for Alt Creative social media and client sites
- Helping to create, document, and systematize the content creation cycle
- Excellent written communication skills and a natural ability for providing great customer service
- Expert knowledge of writing for the online medium
- Experience with identifying SEO keywords and content strategy
- Excellent grammar, spelling and creativity
- Ability to test and troubleshoot websites for quality assurance
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Apps
Bonus if you also have these skills:
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience sourcing stock images
Key Measures of Success:
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with intense attention to detail
- Ability to turnaround copy for feedback quickly while still focusing on project deadlines
- Ability to recall client details and project details
- Willingness take initiative and provide input when needed
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to demonstrate excellent customer service and customer communication
- This position is a remote, part-time/contract position.
- The time commitment will be about 10-15 hours per week.
- Compensation will be $20-$30 per hour depending on experience.